Many people think that their life is unfair. And it’s because of the things they often do to make their lives and selves look miserable, even if it is not. Well, let me tell you things you shouldn’t and should do.
1. No matter how many rejections you’ve had in life, work, and in everything, try to look at the bright side of it. There are doors that weren’t made for us to enter, and there are doors that will open when the time is right. There’s always a reason behind every rejections that you’ve had and will have. Just be positive and keep on going.
2. Never compare your life to other people’s life. It is one of the reasons why some people think that life is truly unfair, but it’s not, because it’s unfair to each one of us. Sometimes, social media harms our mind, because in social media we often see someone living a perfect life, even if they’re not. So, try to limit yourself from using social media. If you can’t, unfollow people that harm your mind and follow people that do good for you.
3. Talk to yourself in the mirror. It may seem crazy, but it helps. Talk to yourself in a positive way until you see your worth and the beauty inside you, your heart. “Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.” remember that.
4. Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself, who help you grow and help you see beauty in you and in every one. Cut people off. Don’t be afraid to have small circle. Small circle is better than having a big circle. Cut people off who don’t help you grow and who don’t believe in you.
5. Believe in yourself. Even if there are a lot of people who believe in you, it won’t work if you won’t believe in yourself. Keep on believing that everything that you want to happen will soon happen.
They say that self worth is being selfish to others. I think that it is true, but I refuse to believe that it is wrong to be selfish to others when it comes to making yourself feel great. You don’t give what other people want, because some of them only care when you’re broken and hate you when you’re whole. Just like what someone said, “They wanna see you do good, but never better than them”..
You don’t owe anyone the happiness that you’re feeling for yourself, the love that you are willing to give yourself. You don’t owe anyone if you already found your self worth. Don’t let negativity comes to your mind. Don’t let other’s judgments ruin your inner peace.
Self worth is also learning how to accept all of you, your flaws, your weaknesses and all your imperfections; and not giving other people the chance to ruin the acceptance you’re giving to yourself. It is also not thinking on what others tell you on how to live your life, because you live for your own life and happiness, not for someone else’s.
My life isn’t perfect, just like everyone of us; but mine has a different story, just like yours. At my age, I’ve already felt a thousand feelings: heartaches, headaches (of course, lol), and everything. I’ve had my ups and downs. I failed a lot of times where I want to succeed. I failed at being a perfect sister. I failed at being a perfect daughter. I failed at being a perfect human being. I failed at those things.
There’s no such thing as a perfect person, even if some people may seem to be perfect, but believe me, they are not.
If the definition of perfection for you is having a fair skin, being smart, intelligent, having a nice figure, having a complete family, supportive friends, being wealthy, and having a peaceful heart and mind. Then, I am not perfect, no one is. We all have our flaws. We all have problems we don’t share to anyone. We all have insecurities and weaknesses, but those things shouldn’t stop us to keep going. Let’s look at the bright side in everything. It may be easy to say and hard to do, but I hope every one of us will find peace in our hearts.